It’s not everyday a nail polish addict gets the chance to dine with beauty industry royalty, so I was ecstatic when I was invited on behalf of College Gloss to Suzi Weiss-Fischmann’s Nicole Blogger Dinner! Suzi Weiss-Fischmann is the executive vice president & artistic director of OPI Products, and she is just as passionate, bubbly and inspiring in real life as one would expect her to be. Throughout the evening, Suzi shared with her guests incredible insights, advice and secrets of the nail art industry. One of the things that stuck out the most was Suzi’s love for her work. Suzi eagerly admitted that her ideal day can be easily summed up as “a massage in the morning and then off to work” because for Suzi every day in the office is another adventure in the wonderful world of nails. “I love what I do, I’m very passionate about it,” she said.
- Glitter is going to be big for the holidays!
- Shatter nail polish is dead.
- Pastels are going to be big for spring.
- Deep blues and bright yellows are going to be hot in 2013.
- Red nail polish never goes out of style because it is “so Hollywood, so glamorous and so sexy” Suzi said.
- When it comes to manicures in the office, there are no inappropriate colors; be creative, have fun and wear whatever you want!
- OPI & Nicole by OPI’s success has been derived from three key elements: quality polishes, the ability to keep fashion-forward and great nail polish names!
- Suzi’s manicure must-haves include: Axoplex Cuticle Oil, Drip Dry and Top Coat.
- When it comes to select celebrities to collaborate with it is all about finding icons who identify with nails and who use nail art to express themselves … think Katy Perry and Nicki Minaj.
- Suzi loved working with the Kardashians on their Nicole by OPI lines. She says Khloe was the sweetest person, and all the girls were really fun to work with. In true Kardashian style, there was some major drama when Khloe and Kourtney got first picks when it came to choosing their shades, but leave it to Kris to clear the air!
A big thanks to Langton PR and Suzi Weiss-Fischmann for including me in the Nicole Blogger Dinner!